Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Crumb Muffins
1 cup applesauce
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your flour contains it)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat your oven to Bake at 350° F.
- Use baking cup liners or cooking spray for muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl add the applesauce, melted butter and eggs and mix together until fully combined.
- Stir in the granulated sugar, salt, and pure vanilla extract.
- Stir in the GF flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and xanthan gum (omit if your flour contains XG) and mix until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Scoop the batter into muffin tin.
- Add all dry ingredients of crumb topping in a small bowl and stir until fully combined. Pour in the melted butter and stir until the topping looks thick and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly on top of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°, or until toothpick comes out clean.